VMware released the next version of vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) 6.2. There are some new features as follows:
- Enhanced Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) Integration - The vRealize Operations Manager analytics determine cross-cluster placement opportunities, while vCenter Distributed Resource Scheduler determines the best destination within clusters. The enhanced integration uses all DRS rules, constraints, and enterprise-class capabilities.
- New Workload Utilization Dashboard
- Ability to Import Single Sign-On Users
- Telemetry Enablement on Upgrade
- Portable Licensing - possibility to install multiple Advanced and Enterprise editions in the same vRealize Operations Manager deployment.
An upgrade process is based on two stages:
- OS upgrade - using vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-OS-xxx.pak.
- Product upgrade - vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-xxx.pak.
Still not migrated to vRealize Operations Manager (vROps) 6.x from vCOps 5.x? Please follow this guide to migrate.
Some useful links:
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 Download
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 Release Notes
- vRealize Operations Manager 6.2 Documentation Center
- Reference Architecture Guide
Update: VMware released a patch for vROps 6.2. It's recommended to install it.