Last weekend, I wanted to save SRM reports to html after doing some failovers between sites as my customer needed to document it. VMware SRM Recovery Plan history is kept in the SRM database (by default - last 5 reports). Unfortunately, we faced a problem to save report using IE, Firefox or Chrome. We followed the below procedure:
- In the vSphere Web Client (since SRM 5.8), select Site Recovery --> Recovery Plans, and select a recovery plan.
- In the Monitor tab, click Recovery Steps.
- Click the Export Recovery Plan Steps icon.
- You can save the recovery plan steps as HTML, XML, CSV, or MS Excel or Word document.
- Click Generate Report.
- Click Download Report and close the window.
However when we did the last step 6 (clicked Download) - no results.
If you face a similar problem, just for a quick workaround, please follow our procedure 🙂
At first, please generate SRM support logs:
- Click Site Recovery --> Sites, and select a site.
- From the Actions menu, select Export SRM Log.
- Click Download Log to save the logs.
After doing the above steps, you get a zip file containing many interesting files and... some xmls:
Those xml files are the SRM recovery plan history. Now, just open a xml file using XML editor and then save it to html.