Veritas released the next version of NetBackup - 7.7.3. There are some features and enhancements as follows:
- Bare Metal Restore (BMR) support improvements: Oracle Linux 7.2 (x86-64), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP4 (x86-64), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.2 (x86-64)
- General Parallel File System (GPFS) 4.1.1 support on Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7
- SAN client support for Hyper-V clusters (only Hyper-V intelligent policy)
- OpsCenter improvements and changes: HTTPS protocol is required, new alerts type: High Job Failure Rate, High Drive Down, High Suspended Media.
- Java user interface (UI) enhancements - viewing Error Logs from the Activity Monitor and Activity Monitor Custom Filtering
- Compression for backup to cloud (Amazon S3 compatible providers)
and improvements for VMware environments:
- Additional support for backup and restore of VMware tag.
- Support for individual VMware virtual machine disk restores.
NetBackup 7.7.3 guides:
NetBackup 7.7.3 Installation Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 Cloud Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 for VMware Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 for SAP Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
NetBackup OpsCenter 7.7.3 Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 Commands Reference Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 Logging Reference Guide
NetBackup 7.7.3 Status Code Reference Guide
NOTE: The NetBackup 7.7.3 GA Release is a full media release for upgrades from any NetBackup 7.x version.