Veritas released the next version of NetBackup - 7.7.1. There are some nice features as follows:
- NetBackup Accelerator for NDMP! Accelerator for NDMP is a long awaited feature! NetBackup Accelerator backs up only the changed data from the filer to the media server and create a new full backup image (sth like synthetic backup on the fly). E.g. from NetBackup 7.5 you can use NetBackup Accelerator for file servers and from NetBackup 7.6 for VMware.
- NetBackup Appliance Enhancements for Oracle - if you have NetBackup Appliance with at least 2.7.1 firmware, you can use a database share on NBU appliance to protect Oracle databases. This feature is named Copilot for Oracle.
- Support for Microsoft SQL AlwaysOnAvailability Groups - note: supported only using SQL policies with scripts (batches). It is not supported when you use the NetBackup SQL intelligent policy.
- Support for VMware tags - a very nice feature. Now we can configure VMware Intelligent Policies to protect virtual machines using tags.
- NetBackup BMR - new systems supported: Client/Boot Server for AIX 6.1 TL9 and 7.1 TL3.
- 7.7.1 supports Microsoft Exchange 2016.
- Support for system state incremental backups.
- MSDP (96TB) support for Red Hat Linux.
NetBackup 7.7.1 guides:
NetBackup 7.7.1 Getting Started Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Administrator's Guide Volume I
NetBackup 7.7.1 for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for VMware Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for Microsoft SQL Server Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for Oracle Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for NDMP Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Cloud Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Deduplication Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for Microsoft Exchange Server Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 for SAP Administrator's Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Commands Reference Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Logging Reference Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Status Code Reference Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Security and Encryption Guide
NetBackup 7.7.1 Network Ports Guide
Update 01.02.2016: Veritas released NetBackup 7.7.2.