Today EMC released the next version of RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines VMs - 4.3. This is a solution that allows replicating virtual machines with virtual machine level granularity. There are another similar solutions such VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) with vSphere/array replication or Zerto Virtual Replication. I wrote some posts about RecoverPoint for VMs 4.1:
- How to deploy and configure RecoverPoint for VMs 4.1
- EMC RecoverPoint for VMs - Architecture Overview
Please follow above posts because the architecture and deployment of RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines has not been changed.
The most important thing is that RecoverPoint for VM is free (and not time limit) for non-production use!
There are some new features as follows:
- Concurrent local and remote replication for production VMs.
- Increased Scalability of Inventory (up to 5000 VMs) & Protected VMs (up to 1000 per vCenter), 32 ESXi hosts per cluster.
- Multi-site 2:1 or 1:2 Configuration.
- Integration with VMware vRealize Operations Manager via EMC Storage Analytics (ESA).
- Some additional advanced options: VMDK exclusion, Auto-Protect new VMDKs, Select VMDK replica provisioning.
- vSphere 6 support
EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines (VMs) still support only VMware Virtual Machines (Zerto Virtual Replication 4.0 supports Microsoft Hyper-V and cross-hypervisors replication as well). However Zerto does not support of concurrent local and remote replication for production VMs yet.
To download EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines binaries please follow the link here.
RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines Guides are available under following links: