The NetBackup 7.7 has been released today!
What's new in NetBackup 7.7? The main features are as follows:
- SQL Server Intelligent Policy - Batch files do not need to be created for backups because they are automatically generated at run-time. For more information please follow this post: How to use SQL Intelligent Policy?
- Hyper-V Intelligent Policy
Support for the backup and restore of the following General Parallel File System(GPFS) metadata attributes: storage pools, metadata replication, and data replication.
- Security updates to the NetBackup database
- User interface enhancements - Starting with version 7.7, NetBackup no longer includes a native Windows version of the NetBackup Administration Console. Instead, the Java-based version of the console has been updated and enhanced to provide unified performance and functionality across all supported Windows and UNIX platforms.
- NetApp cDOT filer support (Replication Director as well)
- No NetBackup Search
Enhancement of Instant Recovery (IR) in NetBackup plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client.
- NetBackup Add-in for Microsoft SCVMM Console (you can use the NetBackup Add-in to recover/monitor virtual machines from NetBackup backup images)
For more information and other product guides please follow Sort for Symantec 7.7.
NetBackup 7.7 documentation (.zip) is also available here.