Symantec has just released the newest version of NetBackup - 7.6.1. There are some new features for VMware backups:
NetBackup Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client
The plug-in allows virtualization administrators to access the following
functionality directly from within the vSphere Web Client administration console:
- Monitoring and reporting of VM backups
- Self-service restores of VMs
To deploy and install plugin for vSphere Client please follow my another article here.
Support for a Linux restore host for instant recovery of VMware virtual machines
A NetBackup 7.6.1 restore host for Instant Recovery can now be on either Windows or Linux. This feature also adds support for the NetBackup Appliance 5230 as the instant recovery restore host. For more information about this feature please follow my another article: Netbackup for protecting VMware: Instant Recovery
Enhanced VMware protection to data that is stored within the Virtual SAN
- Virtual machines on the Virtual SAN datastore are protected by NetBackup
for VMware policies
- Automatic discovery of VMs on Virtual SAN datastores using VIP filter
- Ability to impose resource limits on Virtual SAN datastores
- Maintains parity with other VMware datastore types like VMFS and NFS
For another features available in NetBackup 7.5 and 7.6.0.x, please follow article: Symantec NetBackup for VMware: features and integration.
To find out about VMware support by NetBackup please follow my post: VMware support by backup solutions like NetBackup?