Some days ago, VMware released vSphere 6.0 U1. Today vSphere 5.5 U3 was released with the following features:
- vCenter Server database support: vCenter Server 5.5 U3 now supports the following external databases:
- Oracle 12c R1 P2 (184.108.40.206)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3
Always check Database Interoperability Matrix following post here.
- New quest operating systems: vSphere 5.5 U3 supports CentOS 7.0/7.1, RHEL 6.6/7.1, Windows 10, Oracle Linux 7.0/7.1
- Enhanced logging enabling to monitor upload and download operation performed using an user interface.
For more information about known and resolved issue in vSphere 5.5 U3, please follow Release Notes.
To download vSphere 5.5 U3 please follow download page.
Update 4th October: There is a bug (regarding consolidating snapshots) in vSphere 5.5 U3 and you should read the following KB for more information before patching your environment.
Update 6th October: The mentioned bug has been resolved in vSphere 5.5 U3a - you can download this ESXi version from here.