Today Veeam released the latest - version 9 of Availability Suite. There are some new features such as:
- Direct NFS Access - retrieving VM data directly from file-based (NFS) storage using Veeam’s proprietary NFS client.
- Backup from NetApp SnapMirror and SnapVault - my favorite 🙂
- Veeam Backup & Replication standalone console.
- Scale-out Backup Repository.
- Backup from EMC Storage Snapshots.
- HP StoreOnce Catalyst integration (Source-side deduplication and Accelerated synthetic full backup).
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle.
- Better performance for any deduplication storage.
- On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots.
and also enhancements:
- EMC Data Domain Boost support - data in-flight encryption over the WAN.
- Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Tape Libraries - Media Pools and Parallel processing.
- Veeam Explorers for Microsoft AD, Exchange, Sharepoint, SQL.
For more information and trial version please follow Veeam site.