The next weekend is going to be a little bit busy because I'm patching some HP Proliant Servers 🙂 During checking new firmwares and softwares, I found out that fortunately, HP has released a new version of very useful tool: HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 🙂
What is the HP Service Pack for ProLiant?
Just for a quick reminder on what the HP Service Pack for ProLiant is:
- Systems software and firmware solution delivered as a bootable ISO.
- Solution using HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) as the deployment tool.
There are two deployment mode: Offline and Online mode.
- Online mode - runs on a Windows® or Linux hosted operating system. Also it is possible to update remotely servers with vSphere ESXi installed.
- Offline mode - server boots to the SPP ISO (Bootable ISO only) with the following options:
Automatic mode - firmware components update without interaction.
Interactive mode - onscreen instructions guide the user to update firmware components.
Applying a Maintenance Supplement Bundle (MSB) will extend the support period of the SPP.
What’s new in SPP 2015.04.0?
- New HP ProLiant servers:
HP ML10 v2
HP XL730f Gen9
HP ML110 Gen9
HP XL170r Gen9
HP XL190r Gen9
HP WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade
- New HP ProLiant options.
- New operating systems and VMware versions:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6
SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 12
VMware vSphere 5.5 U2 and VMware vSphere 6.0
- HP USB Key Utility for Windows v220.127.116.11 for downloads greater than 4GB.
- Select Linux firmware components available in rpm format.
- HP Smart Update Manager v7.2.0.
For more information about added firmware, software, fixes etc. please follow Release Notes available here. To download HP Service Pack for ProLiant 2015.04.0 please click here (account and valid contract are required). For more information about supported servers please follow Server Support Guide.
UPDATE 06.2015: HP released the next version of Service Pack for Proliant: 2015.06.0. For more information please follow post here.