HP has released a new version of very useful tool: HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 🙂 - version 2016.04.0
What is the HP Service Pack for ProLiant?
Just for a quick reminder on what the HP Service Pack for ProLiant is:
- Systems software and firmware solution delivered as a bootable ISO.
- Solution using HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) as the deployment tool.
What’s new in SPP 2016.04.0?
- Support for new HP ProLiant servers and options
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.1
- HP Smart Update Manager v7.5.1
- Download Page (valid HP contract required)
- Release Notes
- Component Release Notes
- Contents Report
- Server Support Guide
- SPP FAQ
I like using HP SPP as this tool provides an easy way to patch HP servers running VMware vSphere. For more information please follow below posts:
- VMware vSphere on HP ProLiant Server: How to update online firmware and drivers using Service Pack (SPP)?
- VMware vSphere on HP ProLiant Server: Driver and online/offline firmware deployment options.
Note: This version of SPP supports vSphere 5.1 or later. The SPP 2015.10.0 was the final version supporting VMware ESXi 5.0.